This project aims to develop web-based teaching tools to strengthen translation of new scientific developments to patient populations and to the community at large. The exercises in this course are designed to assist users with the following learning objectives:
- Identify the major types of epidemiologic study and their major strengths and weaknesses.
- Identify the basic health performance measures used in epidemiology.
- Apply the inter-relationships of study design, measurement, and inference.
- Know how to form a hypothesis and develop a study protocol.
- Critically evaluate other research.